Qatar Leadership Academy was formed in 2005 with an innovative partnership between Qatar Foundation and the Qatar Armed Forces. The Academy was designed to take a holistic approach to youth development, providing the highest standards of education to develop young men into future leaders. Advice was sought from many sources, with a special early partnership formed with St. John’s Northwest Military Academy in the U.S state of Wisconsin.
The Academy opened its doors on August 28, 2005, with 48 cadets being greeted by His Highness Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, the Father Amir, His Highness Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Amir of the State of Qatar and Her Highness Sheikha Mozah Bint Nasser, Chairperson of the Qatar Foundation. By the end of its second year in the summer of 2007, 85 students were enrolled and the school received authorization to offer the prestigious International Baccalaureate Diploma. In May 2008, the first graduates finished the Academy, and in May 2009, the first IB Diplomas were awarded. In the spring of 2010, QLA was accepted as a candidate school for accreditation by the prestigious Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools in the United States and has an internationally recognized high school diploma program in addition to the IB Diploma.
In March 2018, Qatar Leadership Academy won the Excellence Award as the best school in the ‘Private Schools’ category, which led to the greatest honor of receiving the award from H.H the Emir Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani.
In 2019 QLA moved from its previous location in Al Khor to the Miqdam Camp, located in Al Mazroua, Umm Salal Ali, to implement effective coordination and communication between Qatar Leadership Academy and the National Service Academy.
QLA continues to grow, building on the fine vision of its founder.
Our Core Values
- Islamic teachings
- Mutual respect
- Loyalty ,traditions and culture
- Meet the educational needs and expectations of our students and their parents and provide the opportunities that students need to develop their full potential.
- Achieve academic excellence through various teaching and learning strategies.
- Provide a well-rounded and holistic education of the highest academic, social, spiritual, physical, cultural growth and development.
- Provide constantly challenging targets using the most appropriate, international accredited curriculum that includes both academic and creative elements.
- Encourage the virtues of obedience, honesty, courage, mercy, self-respect and respect for others.
- Embrace and utilize Information Communication Technology.
- Provide an extensive range of leadership activities.
- Promote an appreciation of various languages, traditions, and cultures especially Arab culture, language, and tradition.
- Work in partnership with parents, local community, local and international colleges and universities.
- In coordination with the Qatar Foundation it also ensures to provide an eco-friendly environment and risk free Study, Stay and Work place for all its staffs and students.
- QLA focuses on the continually Improvement cycle by adhering to the principles of Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Management System.