Qatar Leadership Academy will promote personal growth in young men by engaging them in an environment that promotes excellence in Academics, Leadership, Athletics and Character to prepare the leaders of tomorrow.
The promotion of physical fitness is one of the primary aims of the cadet movement. Physical training (PT) at QLA includes:
- Organized PT to develop aerobic fitness, anaerobic fitness, muscle power and muscle endurance.
- Team and individual sports (sports clubs after school, school meets).
- Recreational activities.
We will test the students frequently to monitor the physical progress of the individual. The tests consist of internationally recognized fitness tests including:
- Body Composition (BMI).
- Cardio Vascular Endurance (1600m run and the shuttle run test).
- Muscular strength (pull ups and push-ups).
- Muscular Endurance (sit-ups).
- Weight and height.
The purpose of PT and physical tests is to raise the standards of fitness of all cadets, to motivate the cadets to participate in physical activities and to create interest in fitness so they want to and will stay healthy during their lives.
For more details kindly check QLA Physical fitness test and standards.